Singing in 2021
Want to sing some splendid choral repertoire? Concert opportunities looking a little sparse? We may well have the answer. I am hosting open choir rehearsals every Wednesday at 5.30pm London time starting on 7th July, 2021. All rehearsals are online using Zoom and last one hour. These sessions will include the chorus movements from Rossini's Petite Messe Solonelle. Watch the video below to find out more information. Look forward to seeing you there! Book your sessions below using the two 'BUY NOW' buttons. Click here to contact me.
Rossini Petite Messe Solonelle, July 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
@ £12 per session
Here is a video of a live session on 23 October 2020 on Mozart's Ave Verum - click play to get a taste for how sessions are run and what you might expect.
Rossini: Petite Messe Solonelle, July 2021
Wed 7th July : Petite Messe Solonelle
Wed 14th July : Petite Messe Solonelle
Wed 21st July : Petite Messe Solonelle
Wed 28th July : Petite Messe Solonelle
All sessions run from 5.30pm - 6.30pm London time
How much do the sessions cost?
£12 per session
How long do the sessions last?
One hour - although the Zoom call will be open from around 5:20pm
Will other singers hear me singing?
No - participants are mostly on mute, but you will hear the piano and recordings to sing along to.
How do I get hold of the music?
We will send you PDFs by email shortly after you click the BUY NOW button above. It is most environmentally friendly if you display these on an iPad. The App Forscore is very good for this.
Do I need to be an experienced singer?
No absolutely not, the first ten-minutes of each session will be suitable for all participants - and will involve a fun lighthearted warmup suitable for the whole
What is included in each session?
A good vocal warmup - free copies of the score - rehearsal and discussion of the music - a chance to perform the work at the end of the session supported by recorded orchestra
Click the Buy Now links above to purchase your session(s). Zoom links and PDFs of music scores will then be sent out. Any problems, feel free to email Ben on email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- No refunds are available on ticket purchase
- Session passes must (ideally) be booked at least 24 hours before the session start to guarantee receipt of sheet music and zoom logins.
- All sessions start at 5.30pm London time.
- It is the responsibility of participants to ensure they have received all requisite Zoom logins and sheet music, querying anything at least 24 hours before session start time to guarantee timely access to rehearsals.
- Virtual Music Teaching cannot accept responsibility for Internet connection issues beyond our control, and is unable to rearrange sessions
-Sessions will be lead by Benedict Lewis-Smith or one of his colleagues